Vision Board Party
Date: Saturday, May 5th
Time: 12:00-3:00 pm
Facilitator: Robert Cubby
Its time for a party. A party you say? What kind of party? A vision board party! Just bring your creativity, your imagination, and most importantly, your vision, your dream, or your goal in life. We’ll supply the art supplies and the refreshments. We’ll all gather what we need, find a comfortable area and let our imaginations fly. Much like we did when we were kids and carefree, we will allow our imaginations to soar. Not to worry if you get stuck, I’ll be here to help. We’ll talk about our vision boards as they progress and you can leave space for future additions if you choose.
We will take our dreams, those we’ve thought of, spoke of and hoped for, and put them to a variety of mediums to express them visually. Much like writing helps us deal with feelings, so can art. Its one thing to speak of our dreams, its entirely another thing to physically make it visual. We did so when we were younger, but may have “grown up” and abandoned those special moments because we just didn’t have the time or we just thought it was silly kid’s stuff.
What you will learn:
- what a vision is for vision board purposes
- what that vision construct helps us accomplish
- conceptualizing what is needed to make that vision a reality
- applying those concepts to producing a vision board
- using that vision board to keep us focused on the goal envisioned
- experiencing our childhood creativity and imagination that may have been put aside when we “grew up”
- receiving gentle guidance, support, discussion and feedback by the facilitator while boards are being constructed
- sharing our boards with the group thus sharing our vision
The party will be open to anyone. No experience is necessary. Guys don’t shy away, you’ve got dreams and visions too and your sharing is welcome.
Some requests prior to the party
- Look through magazines, newspapers for images and words you’d like to use. Don’t worry if you don’t have any to look through. We’ll have some on hand.
- Feel free to bring snacks and beverages.
- If you want to bring art supplies such as scissors, glue sticks, old magazines, markers, colored pencils, even crayons, feel free to do so. We’ll have supplies on hand plus poster boards.
For more information please call (973) 500-8813, email info@ttohc or visit www.ttohc.com