INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE
An Introductory Workshop
w/ Gisela Lopez
12th May 2018, 2-5pm, £35 *£30 EARLY BIRD UNTIL 13.04.18*
Indian Head Massage is a fully clothed seated treatment based on old Ayurvedic techniques, involving work on the upper back, shoulders, neck, scalp and face. It helps reduce stress, fatigue, eyestrain, increase mental clarity, relaxes and rejuvenates the receiver. It works on the areas of the body that are most affected by stress, however while the treatment is just on the upper part of the body, it's effects are felt throughout the whole body and mind.
Head massages originated as part of the ancient Indian practice of medicine, called Ayurveda, based on balancing the body, mind and spirit to promote a long life. Ancient Indians believed that massage of all types, used with herbs, spices and oils, promoted strong muscles and skin, good health and encouraged the body’s natural healing powers.
- This is a practical workshop! You will be learning the techniques for a full Indian Head Massage routine.
We will also cover:
- History of Indian head massage.
- Benefits of Indian head massage.
- Safety guidelines of Indian head massage.
WHAT TO BRING
- You should wear loose or comfortable clothing. Bring a t-shirt or a vest if you would like to use oils during your treatment . Oils will be provided and their use will be optional.
- Wash your hair and make sure it is dried by the time you arrive to the workshop.
- Bring a hairband if your hair is long.
- Remove any jewellery.
KEEP IN MIND
- All participants will be paired up. You are welcome to pair up with a friend, partner or family member.
- If you are pregnant, please contact the studio before enrolling into the workshop.
Gisela Lopez has a passion for natural medicine and helping others to improve their health and well-being. Her workshops and treatments are created to inform about the amazing self-healing powers of the body and how we can find different tools in natural medicine to help with emotional imbalances, stress and physical conditions.
We do not offer refunds for bookings cancelled within 48 hours of the course or workshop starting. We reserve the right to cancel a course/workshop if necessary, in these circumstances a full refund will be given.