LIVE BELLY DANCE SHOW + WORKSHOP
Joany from Feminicity will be performing a solo act on her transformation journey. Afterwards, Joany will teach a 4-hour Belly Dance workshop “The Secret to Emotional Balance Using the Four Elements”. For non-dancers to advanced dancers.
Saturday, June 2nd at 11 am
The White Eagle and Polish Hall
8 Woods Street, Kirkland Lake, Ontario
Performance + Lunch + 4 Hour Workshop: (value of 130$) for 80$
TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE AT https://squareup.com/store/feminicity
Workshop: DANCE THE ELEMENTS
The fresh new program offers an immersion into sensual bellydance to music from the heart of Egypt. The music, especially composed in Egypt for this program, reflects the qualities of the four Elements.
Movements enliven the body's dynamic energy centres, improving health, co-ordination and dance skills, whilst enhancing the dancer's awareness of four essential energies:
Freedom, Flow, Expression and Connection.
We explore Egyptian musicality and rhythms, with a flexible, intuitive approach
that will benefit all levels (non-dancers and dancers).
DANCE THE ELEMENTS BENEFITS
* Enlivens the body’s core energy centres
* Attunes the dancer to the energy of the elements in music and dance
* Enriches musicality; the embodiment of music-movement connection
* Improves co-ordination, fitness and flexibility
* Refines bellydance skills & techniques, easily retained as muscle memory
* Boosts creative and authentic expression
* Encourages the dancer to improvise with more confidence
* The dancer explores different aspects of 'herself' through the elements:
- Air (freedom)
- Water (flow)
- Fire (expression)
- Earth (connection)
* Balances and integrates body-mind-spirit-soul connection
* Offers safe alternatives for physical limitations or pre-existing injury
* Dance the Elements is fun, offers a wide, varied movement vocabulary
* It is simple and feels great to do– suitable for all ages and levels!