This Lamaze based childbirth preparation class focuses on birth as a NORMAL event. Be EMPOWERED, understand your choices and build confidence for this life changing event.
- Identifying expectations, fears and belief systems about birth and providing tools to change those not conducive to a positive birth experience.
- Nutrition and exercise during pregnancy. Prenatal health and resources
- What ACTUALLY happens during labour and birth
- Lamaze Six Healthy Birth Practices
- Common labour diagnostics and interventions and their risk benefit ratio
- Finding your balance! Accepting responsibility and taking an active role in birth. How improved decision making can lead to a more positive birth experience as YOU define it.
- The importance of your Partner & or Support Person and how they can best SUPPORT you.
- Choosing a birth place where you feel SAFE and a birth team that respects YOUR philosophy.
- Cultural beliefs about pain and the FEAR PAIN CYCLE
- Pain relief and comfort during labour - medical and natural
- The power of the mind during labour. Working with your body not against it.
- Optimal Fetal positioning and how you can be proactive.
- Vaginal Births after Caesarean and Caesarean Births
- Breastfeeding, newborn care and the postpartum period.
Partners and or Support Person's WELCOME! Hospital tour included!
Group Classes $150
Private Classes $250
Upcoming 1 day classes:
Sat April 14 ~ 9 to 5
Sun June 3 ~ 9 to 5
Sat July 14 ~ 9 to 5
Sat Sept 15 ~ 9 to 5
Sat Oct 27 ~ 9 to 5
Sun Nov 25 ~ 9 to 5
Contact Emma for future dates, information and registration.