Back by popular demand, the Railroading Heritage of Midwest America & Friends of the 261 will bring the historic 261 steam engine and vintage train cars to Union Depot for a magical trip to the North Pole and back. Perfect for children ages 2 to 9. Guests will enjoy the experience of a real steam train, Santa and his elves, and holiday fun for all. Your ticket to the North Pole Express at Union Depot includes:
• A one-mile train ride to the North Pole at the east end of Union Depot’s property.
• At the North Pole, Santa will greet the train and board the North Pole Express for the ride back to Union Depot, passengers will remain on the train.
• Santa will walk through the train greeting all the children and handing out treats and goodies!
• At the end of the train ride, passengers will head into Union Depot, where children can enjoy a free cup of cocoa and enjoy a holiday treat brought to you by BNSF Railway.
• There will be other children’s activities inside Union Depot as well, including model train sets provided by Twin City Model Railroad Museum.
• The train is heated, but dress for the weather. All cars will get the same experience.
Upgrade to first class on the North Pole Express for even more!
-Christmas treat on the train
-More time with Santa
First class seating is limited.
Questions about ticketing, schedules or the event visit: http://www.261.com/npe/
North Pole Express Welcome Area: Concourse (214 4th St. E/Green Line/North Plaza entrance). From the Kellogg Entry and parking ramps, go to Level 1 of Union Depot and follow the signs to the Waiting Room/Concourse.
Be sure to visit the St. Paul European Christmas Market when you're here.
Getting to Union Depot:
parking - http://www.uniondepot.org/about/parking/
transit - http://www.uniondepot.org/transit/transit-map/
Give your family plenty of time to walk from the parking areas to the North Pole Express Welcome Area.