Welcome to the Middle East Week!
Amnesty Student Blindern is glad to invite you to a week filled with exiting lectures, an inspirational movie night and debates with highly relevant topics from the Middle East! From the 9th - 13th of April we will focus on important issues in Egypt, Yemen, Saudi-Arabia and the Middle East in general, all with interesting guests. In the middle of the week we are also inviting you to use your voice and sign Amnesty's petition and join us for lunch with free food and music from the Middle East.
Read more on: coming later
Read about the petition: coming later
MONDAY 9th OF APRIL 16.15 - 17.45
- Presentation: Student Activism in Egypt: Meet Human Rights Defender Mostafa El Sayed Hussin. In collaboration w/SAIH.
TUESDAY 10th OF APRIL 16.15 - 17.45
- Lecture: The war in Yemen and Norways role through weapon export. In collaboration w/Changemaker.
WEDNESDAY 11th OF APRIL 17.00 - 19.30
- Movie night! WE ARE THE GIANT - a documentary about ordinary individuals who stood up for their believes during the Arabian Spring. in collaboration w/Oslo Dokumentarkino
THURSDAY 12th OF APRIL 12.00 - 13.00
- Free food! To celebrate the Middle East's rich culture, we are organizing a free lunch with food from different Middle Eastern countries!
FRIDAY 13th OF APRIL 14.00 - 15.30
- Talk: How the Norwegian Oil Found investments in a Saudi-Arabian telecommunication company lead to human rights violations. Talk lead by Ina Tin, author of the book "Saudi-Arabia. Sverdet og stemmene". In collaboration w/Re:act