Come out to the Design Team's AGM and join our committee for the 2018-2019 term!
What is the Design Team?
The SSC Design Team aims to encourage and promote the interest in publication and graphic design through the provision of services, resources, expertise, and support, both among the student body and the community of St Andrews. We provide the opportunity for students to collaborate with like-minded peers, and to participate in design-related projects. We also provide training to students in digital design.
Our volunteers offer design and promotional services to the Association and its affiliated societies; at the moment these are mainly to do with digital design though we are working to expand the photography branch of the subcommittee.
We will be electing the following positions:
- 3.2.1.Assist the Convener wherever possible and represent the Design Team when the Convener is unable to.
- 3.2.2. Directly manage the ordinary members (designers)
- 3.2.3. Oversee Trello activity
- 3.2.4. Be the main point of contact for volunteers
Ordinary Members (designers) (x3):
- 3.3.1.Take on a minimum number of design projects
- 3.3.2.Help recruit and mentor new design volunteers
- 3.4.1.Take minutes of every committee meeting, update a document that is to be shared regularly with the DoES and reception staff.
- 3.4.2. Maintain a mailing list for current members and send out weekly email updates.
- 3.4.3. Maintain a mailing list for alumni and send out newsletters at least once a semester
- 3.4.4. Assist with other administrative duties as they arise.
- 3.5.1. Maintain a log of all financial transactions.
- 3.5.2. Take responsibility for obtaining cash floats from the Cash Office as needed.
- 3.5.3. Keep the cash box and keys.
- 3.5.4. Actively try and secure sponsorship deals/grants and suggest ways by which the Design Team can raise money for the purpose of providing improved or continued services and resources to students and societies.
- 3.6.1. Develop and manage the Design Team brand in collaboration with the Convener.
- 3.6.2. Design, create, and distribute publicity for all Design Team events and services.
- 3.6.3. Manage all social media accounts.
- 3.6.4. Update events calendar on the YourUnion website
- 3.6.5. Maintain the Design Team website, updating the calendar, committee profiles, Union links, and other content as necessary.
- 3.7.1. Be responsible for the upkeep of all computers and subscriptions.
- 3.7.2. Run weekly Adobe Skills Workshops with assistance from committee members who have specific expertise
- 3.8.1 Organize committee socials, volunteer socials, and creative workshops
- 3.9.1 Organize and run photography skills workshops
- 3.9.2 Directly manage the ordinary members (photographers)
Ordinary Members (photographers) (x3):
- 3.10.1.Take on a minimum number of photography jobs
- 3.10.2. Help recruit and mentor new photography volunteers
We encourage you to gather more information about the role you are interested in, so please get in touch with current position holders:
Vice President: Mika Schmeling ams36@
Treasurer: Valeria Ryabchina vr31@
Secretary: Kira Kim yk30@
Marketing Officer: Caroline Kessler csk2@
Photography Officer: Sammi Ciardi ssc5@
Social Coordinator: Wuyou Zhang wz31@
For all other positions contact Paloma Paige pp31@
*Please note that applicants for Training Officer are expected to have at least an intermediate skill level for Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
How to apply:
To run for a position, you will be asked to give a 2 minute speech explaining why you are running/relevant experience and answer 3 minutes of questions before attendants of the AGM. If you are not able to be at the AGM in person you can email your speech to sadt@ and one of our committee members will read it out on your behalf.