Emotional and Social Development – 20th March 11am
“Babies are attracted to other people from birth and they quickly prefer the people who have become familiar. But the baby doesn’t simply want to be near her family and their friends – she wants to share her experience with other people and interact with them!” – Murray & Andrews, ‘The Social Baby’ (2000)
• Discuss how your baby adapts to the social world and how they communicate their needs, feelings and understandings about their world.
• What is temperament? Discuss separation anxiety and stranger awareness
PEPE (Parenting Education ProgrammE) is a Plunket-developed national programme aimed at supporting parents in their parenting role through the different stages of their child’s early development.
Plunket believes positive parenting is:
- a conscious, relational and continuous journey supported by families and society;
- characterized by relationships which are warm, responsive and involved;
- combines safe and consistent boundaries guided by each child’s temperament and development (RNZPS, 2009
Free to all families – these sessions are developed for infants under 12 months old.