Did you know that Airbnb, Twitter, Github or Basecamp were all built based on Ruby?
This workshop is for complete beginners and a great chance to experience what goes on behind the scenes of software. Together, we will explore the wonderful world of backend development!
We'll start with a 30 minute introduction to Ruby, followed by one hour of coding with the Codecademy Ruby track. We will be there to help with any issues and challenges.
In this workshop you will be:
• Introduced to the fundamental concepts of the ruby programming language
• Getting your hands dirty with one hour of assisted coding on the Codecademy Ruby track
• Assisted every step of the way by our teacher
How to prepare and what to bring:
1) Your own laptop
2) Make sure you have Google Chrome installed and running on your computer
3) Download SublimeText Editor
4) Create a GitHub account