The purpose of this workshop is to assist the participants with engaging in proper calculator usage. The calculator used for demonstration is primarily the TI 30-XS Multiview with a small emphasis on the uses of graphing calculators as well.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
• properly use parentheses and other notation in order to abide by the order of operations;
• raise a number to any desired power;
• understand the various modes of the calculator, and use those modes effectively;
• use a table to find multiple output values of a function;
• store a number as a variable for later use;
• alternate between fraction and decimal representation of answers.