Level #2: Kennel Socializers (Earn your Green Button!)
A workshop for Valley Animal Center volunteers who handle the dogs in the Dog Adoption Center. Meet in the education room. 50% of the workshop will be lecture and 50% hands on with the adoptable dogs.
Topics we will cover:
1. How to train dogs to stop jumping and barking in the kennel.
2. How to train a dog to back away from the door when you enter.
3. How to read subtle canine body language.
4. How to pet a dog correctly without making him hate you.
5. How to socialize a shy dog.
6. How to exit the kennel without the dog following you out.
Volunteers: Please wear your VAC volunteer shirt and appropriate volunteer attire (such as closed toed shoes) to the workshop. Passing level #2 allows you access to going into the kennels to socialize the adoptable dogs.