Level #3: Walkers (Earn your Blue Button!)
A workshop for Valley Animal Center volunteers who handle the dogs in the Dog Adoption Center. Meet in the Education Room.
40% of this workshop is lecture and 60% hands on with the adoptable dogs. Please wear your VAC volunteer T-shirt and appropriate volunteer attire, including your Level #2 Button.
Passing level #3 allows you to take the adoptable dogs out for walks.
Some of the topics we will cover:
1. How to put a harness on while teaching the dog to stay still.
2. How to exit out of the kennel while having the dog wait for permission.
3. How to reduce pulling on the leash.
4. What to do if your dog bites his leash.
5. What to do if an off-leash dog approaches you while you're walking a shelter dog.
6. What to do if your dog barks at other dogs or people while on leash.