Join us for the opening reception of Reimagining Reproduction.
The Turek Clinics have partnered with The ART of Infertility, to bring an infertility art exhibit and programming to Los Angeles during Men’s Health Month this June.
Infertility (IF) has been described as a culturally stigmatizing and invisible disease. The ART of Infertility is an international arts organization based in the U.S. Founded in 2014, they curate innovative and emotionally provoking art exhibits to portray the realities, pains and joys of living with IF. They also design engaging curriculums to host art and writing workshops. They plan educational, outreach events. They advocate for infertility rights. Most of all, they provide support for those living in the shadows of infertility. Through art, they break the silence around reproductive grief and push back against common misconceptions.
The exhibit will run June 9th through June 30th at Venice Arts and corresponding programming will run throughout the month of June and will include a screening of the film, One More Shot , a live recording of the Waiting for Babies podcast, and other activities. We invite you to join us in our fight to make infertility visible.
There are a variety of ways you can get involved
- Submit your artwork to be displayed in the exhibit. All mediums are accepted, including writing, visual, and performance art. The artwork entry form is at http://bit.ly/artformhm2018
- Apply for our artist and patient pairings project to collaborate to create a piece of artwork around your experience. Artists can apply at http://bit.ly/artistapprr2018 and patients can apply at http://bit.ly/patientapprr2018
- Attend the opening reception and/or exhibit. Info at http://bit.ly/artofifmhm2018
- Share your story via our live Waiting for Babies podcast recording party. Apply at http://bit.ly/wfbmhm2018app
- Become a sponsor or media or community partner. Contact us at email@example.com.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (517) 262-3662.