Sign up now: email@example.com or call: 02-2771992 or WhatsApp: +970 592345766.
Tucked away from the main streets, discover the charm of the Old City of Bethlehem and its Quarters. Follow the Star Street, which was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site as a pilgrimage route in 2012 with the Church of the Nativity, and learn about architecture, heritage and culture of Bethlehem.
- All the walk is pedestrian.
- Duration of the tour: approximately 2:30 hours.
- Starting point: Visit Palestine Center, Bethlehem (Opposite to Central Bus Station)
- Tour language: English. Guided by licensed Palestinian Tour Guide.
- Cost per person: 90 NIS
- Visit to the Nativity Church
- Hrezat Quarter: Follow Star Street, which was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site as a pilgrimage route in 2012 together with the Church of Nativity.
- Manger Square: Inspect the urbanization processes and changes which came along with the Palestinian Authority to Bethlehem. Listen to stories concerning Christmas celebrations and visits to Bethlehem.
- The Seven Historical Quarters: Tucked away from the main streets, discover the charm of the oldest centers of Bethlehem’s different quarters, like Kawawseh and Najajreh. Learn about the traditional architecture, built by families and clans still remembered in the names of the houses and courtyards.
- The Market: Enjoy its fascinating atmosphere. Visit the vegetable market and observe business and people. While walking through the shopping streets, globalization gets practical.
- The Lutheran Compound and Dar Annadwa: Learn about the changes that have come to Bethlehem since the 19th century. Discover the contributions of the Lutheran Church to civil society, state building, and their efforts toward change.
Highlights of the tour according to previous participants:
“Seeing more than just Manger Square”
“Story of the city and famous historic events”
“The different quarters”
“Mixing historical and modern information”
“Very rich information about the Bethlehem quarters”
“More reality based than other tours”
“Great alternative to traditional tours – much more interesting”
“Very interesting and well prepared”
“Walking trough the market and seeing the busy street”