ENTRIES NOW OPEN!!!!! DUE BY MAY 11th
CALL OUT : CURRENT UoN STUDENTS
Friday 11 May:
Entry forms and $30 entry fee (per work) due by 5pm to the Watt Space Office (Callaghan Campus)
Monday 14 May, 9am -12 midday:
Artworks delivered to Watt Space Gallery by 12midday.
Monday 14 May – Wednesday 16 May:
Exhibition installation at Watt Space Gallery
Thursday 17 May, 6.30pm:
Exhibition opening and announcement of prize winners
Monday 5th June, 9 – 12 midday:
Collection of unsold works by artists at Watt Space Gallery
Please complete and return this form to firstname.lastname@example.org along with:
• 75 word artist statement
• photo of work
An entry fee $30 (per work) must be paid on delivery of artwork(s) to Watt Space Gallery. Entries close 5pm Friday 11 May 2018.
Name: Student Number:
Title of work:
Dimensions(cm)/weight(kg)/duration(min): Installation instructions:
Date of completion: Sale price:
ABN (Yes/No): GST Registered (Yes/No):
I have read and agree to the terms and conditions and certify that the above information is correct and true.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Each exhibitor participating in the 2018 Friends of the University of Newcastle Student Art Prize must pay an exhibition fee of $30 per work.
- Artworks must not exceed 1.6m in width or 50kgs in weight. There is no restriction on height or depth.
- Artists are welcome to submit multiple works but in the interest of equity some works may not be included in the exhibition. If a work is not selected, the entry fee will be refunded.
- Artists may submit works with multiple parts, however please ensure they comply to the size requirements. Works with multiple parts cannot be sold separately if submitted as a single entry.
- Each exhibitor must provide a short statement via email by Friday 11 May 2018, for inclusion in the exhibition catalogue and on the website. Statements should be a maximum of 75 words and relate to the exhibition theme ‘Temp’.
- Artwork details must be attached to submitted works.
- Exhibitors must be currently enrolled students of the University of Newcastle at the time of the exhibition.
- Submitted works must be available for display throughout the duration of the exhibition period. Unsold works must be collected on Monday 5 June, 9 – 11am
- Sold works may be collected by purchaser from Monday 5 June onwards.
- Artists must be available for gallery duty during the exhibition. Rostered
Shifts will be divided evenly between all exhibitors. Exhibitors are required to cover one gallery duty shift per artwork submitted. Exhibitors can nominate their preferred time slot when delivering artwork to Watt Space Gallery. If the Exhibitor does not attend their time slot, a fine of $15 per hour will be levied.
- Submissions must be original works by the entrant. Submitted work must be completed in the last 2 years.
- If we receive more applications than can be exhibited, a committee will be formed to selected the final artworks.
- Artworks must be dry and ready for installation, including hooks, pins etc. supplied and attached by the artist with clear instructions.
- Video submissions are welcome, however please be aware that due to potential space and technological limitations, these works may be exhibited on a loop in a media space.
- Exhibitors authorise Watt Space to reproduce their artwork entry for publicity purposes during the exhibition and for future promotion of the Friends of the University of Newcastle Student Art Prize.
- Watt Space and the University of Newcastle, whilst exercising all care, are not responsible for the loss, damage or theft of works whilst in the gallery.
- Works that sell during the course of the exhibition are subject to the gallery’s commission of 27.5% (including GST).
- Judges will not be given access to the identity of entrants throughout the judging process. The judges’ decision is final. No appeal process will be entered into.
- Under no circumstances will we be accepting any wet works into the exhibition
E: email@example.com P: (02) 4921 5188
W: newcastle.edu.au/community-and-alumni/arts-and-culture/watt-space-gallery F: facebook.com/WattSpaceGallery