SWAP meets are welcome to ALL Gorge sports toys-
Swapmeet Survival Guide:
1. Windance swap meets are probably the largest in the country, drawing people from all over the Pacific Northwest and Canada. Swaps are a great place to find real bargains and a great way to turn cold old gear into hot new cash.
2. Sellers who want the best parking spaces arrive around 7 a.m. and buyers arrive around 8. The swap continues until the early afternoon (unless it's windy!)
3. Swap meets are free to buyers and cost $10.00 for sellers (personal gear only). Industry reps & factories pay more, call to be approved prior to swap date.
4. If you want to sell gear we recommend you bring a tarp to lay your gear on. Also bring comfortable portable seating, warm clothes, rain gear, and a tarp to cover your gear in case it rains.
5. Both the CGWA and CGKA will also be participating in these events. Note if you join the CGWA for $25 it includes your $10 Swap seller fee.
Selling Your Gear - DIY or Let Windance Sell It for You:
You now have 2 options at our Swap Meets;
Option 1 - Hang out and sell your gear –The classic Windance Swap. Free for buyers, $10 for sellers - no consignment fee
Option 2- You Price it - We sell it. – Just drop off your gear and we’ll sell it for you. Normal consignment fees apply (See Consignment Fees Schedule) You must pick up your unsold gear at the end of the day.
Windance does have the biggest parking lot of all windsurf and kite shops in the Gorge. However, big is not big enough on Swapmeet days and parking continues to be problem. Please remember that Windance is on a busy state highway. Please follow the signs and directions given to you by Windance Parking lot staff. Close parking can be found along the Hood River to the west of Windance, by the Museum at the Marina, or across the road from the China Gorge Restaurant.