No plans for your Thursday evening?
Why not join us and unlock the secrets of the ancient Inca superfood - MACA!
Take a seat, enjoy a lovely brewed maca tea and learn everything to know about this delicious versatile plant .
Join Dr Corin Storkey and Sally Huapaya – a young New Zealand and Peruvian couple who are founders and directors of Seleno Health. They live and work part- time in Peru with their maca farmer and community and run a volunteer program that brings kiwis to Peru to experience life in a remote Andean community. Their maca research program studies the bioactive chemicals in maca and recent findings have begun to unlock the secrets behind it’s mode of action. To hear more about the medicinal properties, how to prepare and use maca and the realities for the farmers and communities who grow it.
• The history and anthropology of Incan maca farming
• Farm to Table maca – from the soil to your plate
• The biochemistry of maca – relating the tradition with the scientific research
• Maca’s role in the endocannabinoid system
• The application of maca as a therapeutic
• The different colours of maca – yellow, red and black
• Which maca is right for you
• The reality of superfood farming and farmer exploitation
• The impact of global consumerism on the community
• Seleno Health’s social responsibility programs
• Volunteering opportunities in Peru
• What you can do to make a difference
Limited spaces available so don't miss out and book your spot today!