BUENA VISTA JAZZ BAND:
The Buena Vista Jazz Band’s lineup follows in the style and instrumentation of guitarist Eddie Condon’s classic bands of the 1950s. If you like Trad jazz, you'll love this amazing group of veteran musicians playing from a huge repertoire of classic New Orleans jazz, along with selections from America’s blues and Tin Pan Alley traditions. Fantastic music for Charleston, Lindy Hop, and Balboa!
THE WOODCHOPPER'S BALL:
The Woodchopper's Ball, named after the classic 1939 swing tune by the Woody Herman Orchestra (and their biggest hit!), is a weekly Tuesday swing dance event held at the beautiful historic Verdi Club in San Francisco.
* LIVE MUSIC DANCE PARTY, 9:00-11:30pm, with a different band each week! $10 admission (monthly class students FREE), all ages. Includes a drop-in Basic Swing Dance lesson (9:00-9:15pm), perfect for complete beginners (no partner required)!
* FULL BAR & LOUNGE, 7:30pm-closing (21+ only)! Enjoy a classic cocktail in the swanky, newly renovated lounge!
* 2,500-SQ-FT DANCE FLOOR: Large, beautiful, hardwood dance floor with plenty of room to swing out!
* APRIL Beginning and Intermediate LINDY HOP and BALBOA monthly class series conclude tonight, 7:00-9:00pm. Single Monthly Class drop-in: $20/person/week, all ages. Enrollment includes Dance Parties!
* NEW (4-week) MAY Lindy Hop and Balboa class series start Tuesday, May 1, 2018! Register online in advance, only $60/mo, and save $15! ($75/mo door):
6:30pm: Doors Open
7:00-8:00pm: Monthly Int Lindy Hop & Int Balboa Classes
7:30pm-closing: Full Bar Open (21+ only)
8:00-9:00pm: Monthly Beg Lindy Hop & Beg Balboa Classes
9:00-9:15pm: Drop-In Basic Swing Dance Lesson
9:00-11:30pm: Live Music Dance Party