Please read this in full if you plan to attend. :-)
To sign up for this workshop or for more information, please check out our website at
email at firstname.lastname@example.org , PM us, or call 270 978 5471.
For local information, our hostess, Donna Knipp, can be reached at 937-569-1081
This will be a 2-day event graciously hosted by Donna Knipp. The workshop will be held at her business, Woven & Wood.
This is a 2-day retreat and open to all antique or vintage domestic sewing machines. We will cover the following:
1. Disassembling using proper tools, methods, and tricks
2. De-rusting- using Evaporust Rust Remover and other methods
3. Cleaning- using Gojo and/or sewing machine oil, Brasso, etc.
4. Polishing- both paint and bright parts
5. Repairing/replacing electrical components
7. Threading machines without a manual
8. Timing and other necessary adjustments/repairs
9. Making her sew again.
(Activities subject to change depending on time restraints)
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
The price for this workshop is $275 a person which will include all cleaning/polishing supplies and a goodie bag with a brass hammer, Gojo, brass brush, chip brush, tooth brush, cotton swabs, a special tension disc polishing tool that we custom-make, and whatever else we find to give you. This will also include two lunches. We will have a drawing for a door prize first thing Saturday morning.
A non-refundable deposit of $75 can be sent via Paypal or credit card by clicking here https://www.sewpurtyworkshops.com/upcoming-workshops and click on the corresponding workshop. Or send by Paypal directly to email@example.com, or check by mail. The balance will be due any time during the workshop weekend. Should we have to re-schedule or cancel the workshop, your deposit will be refunded in full.
We will likely be adding more details about this workshop so check back regularly! We look forward to hearing from you, meeting you, and working with you!!!
You are welcome to bring more than one machine, but please understand that you should choose one priority machine as your project as time constraints are always a factor. There will be an additional $25 fee for any additional machines if they are to take class time, instructor's attention, materials, etc.*
If you require more information regarding pricing, etc. please call or message us. We will, however, do our very best to keep the costs as reasonable as possible!
* You are welcome to bring an additional machine(s) and use the Evaporust bath, providing it does not interfere with other participants' use or involvement in the class, at no additional cost to you. We just can't handle more than 1 machine per person though and give equal attention to each participant fairly. If you bring a second machine, you will not be charged any additional fee if it doesn't take away from other participants' needs and attention. if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :-)
If you have an electric machine and need the motor, foot controller, or new wiring, I will be happy to replace those items with new assemblies as part of the class and demonstrate the process. We try to keep an assortment of those items on hand, however it helps to contact us no later than 2 weeks before we are to leave home for the workshop and tell me what you have and what you will be needing. Due to liability issues, I am no longer free to do "rewiring". I can replace cords with new assemblies only. I can, however, demonstrate in the workshop the process of rewiring and will be happy to do so.