“JUMPERS HIT IT”
Round Canopy Competition at X35 Airborne
This is a Team Accuracy, Round Canopy, Parachuting Competition where each team will perform 3 tailgate jumps from the CASA 212-200. All jumpers will be using a round canopy steerable parachute system with a direct D-Bag deployment.
THIS EVENT REQUIRES A MINIMUM OF 10 TEAMS
(failure to reach the minimum will result in a cancellation and funds will be refunded)
• Each team must have 4 jumpers, qualified and current on Steerable Round Parachute systems such as Set-10, MC1-1C/D, MC1-SF-10A, MC-6, with a direct D-Bag deployment.
• A team may have a 5th substitute member who must be pre-registered as a member of the team.
• Teams will only jump 4 members on each event. Any 4 members of the team may jump on any of the chalks.
• Each team will appoint a TEAM LEADER for each jump. The team leader will “call” the exit point for his team upon being given the green light by the Jump Master in the Aircraft.
• Aircraft Jump Masters and Safeties will perform all regular duties in the aircraft, and will not be jumping.
• The Aircraft for this event is a CASA 212-200. Jump altitude will be 1500ft AGL for all jumps.
• The cost of registering a team will be $1250.00 This fee includes 3 jumps for 4 members ( 12 exits) during the competition.
• Registration fee must accompany Team registration. Teams will be issued a Team Number upon registration, with an identifier for each team member.
• The team with the closest totaled distance to the target will be declared the victor, followed by a second and third place team.
• There will be an INDIVIDUALS category for a separate $50.00 entrance fee prior to the event commencing. The closest jumper to the target wins. Cash Prizes will depend on the number of competitors in the individual event;
• 5 jumpers: 1st Prize
• 10 jumpers 1st and 2nd Prize
• 20 jumpers 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes
• Prizes will be based on a percentage of 70% of the entrance fees with 30% being used by the event operations.
• Additional straphanger jumps from the CASA may be available for an additional fee.
• Practice or currency jumps from the C-180 on the days leading up to the event, Thursday 17th, Friday 18th will be charged at $25.00 per jump for registered team members.
• Parachute packing by our riggers will be charged at $30.00 per pack.
• There will be a Basic Airborne Course/Refresher beginning on Tuesday 15th MAY 2018 for any new jumpers, or those who are not current or qualified on Steerable Parachutes. Instruction will be on the MC1-SF10A canopy.
• Any jumper attending the course as a basic student may compete as part of a team, or students may form a team. Additional requirements will apply. Contact us for details.
SCHEDULE OF EVENT
Friday MAY 18, 2018
Day 1. Teams arrive and check in for event. The Cessna 180 will be available from 0900hrs to 1900hrs for any jumpers wishing to make a currency or practice jump. The cost will be $25.00 per jump Altitude 1500 Ft AGL.
SATURDAY MAY 19, 2018
Day 2. Team Jumps.(2)
Each team will perform 2 jumps during the day with the emphasis on landing the target or as close as possible.
Jumpers will be “marked” at their first contact point upon landing by DZ Marshalls, and that will determine their placing for that particular jump.
THIS IS NOT A TIME TO TARGET EVENT.
SUNDAY MAY 20, 2018
Day 2. Team Jumps (1)
Each team will perform 1 jump in the morning with the same goal and procedures as the previous day.