For this week´s Dance Lab, we will welcome in Wren LaFeet all the way from the West Coast to lead a class in 'CoCréa' -- a fusion partner dance. This practice has a strong emphasis on expanding mindfulness into our relationships through dance; bringing about personal, interpersonal as well as collective healing and having a TON OF FUN in the process! This will be followed by an Ecstatic Dance with DJ SkySoYoung, ending with a singing sound meditation with Nasimiyu Murumba.
Because space is limited, we encourage everyone to buy their tickets in advance.
Dance Lab is a weekly class presented by Ecstatic Dance NYC with the intention of creating a consistent space for us to gather as a community to Dance. It will be lighter version of the monthly Ecstatic Dances; fewer people, a more intimate space and some facilitation to experiment with different ways of expressing ourselves using sound and movement. Each class will have a warm-up class, where we will invite in different teachers from various forms of Dance, movement, singing and other modalities for us to explore and experiment with. From there, we will transition into an Ecstatic Dance with a DJ where we will integrate what we learned during the class into the Dance itself.
New to Ecstatic Dance? Here's a little bit about what it is:
Ecstatic Dance gathers for a transformative, electronic music journey, mixed with intention in an inspiring space where we get to express ourselves freely. No booze, no shoes and no chit-chat on the dance floor helps us keep it intentional. Amazing music helps us keep it all about dance!
We have a few guidelines that allow for us to have a fully connecting experience:
1. No talking on the dance floor
2. Drug-Free, Smoke-Free, Alcohol-Free environment
3. No photos or videos, cellphones muted and out of sight
4. Care/Awareness for the space and each other
5. Move your body however you wish
6. You can dance alone, or with as many partners as (you) like to join. (If you’d rather not dance with someone, thank them for the offer by placing your hands in prayer position at your heart – Namaste.)
What to Bring:
1. Loose-fitting clothes that let you move your body and free yourself
2. Water and a water bottle. You can refill it at the venue. Tickets: $20 for a single class, and are non-refundable and non-transferable.
See you all there!