You will learn the basics of Bitcoin wallets and how to secure them properly. This will also be a hands on paper wallet creation and walk though of using a Bitcoin wallet device.
Below is an outline of what we will cover:
- Brief Intro to Bitcoin for newcomers
- The ABC's of a Bitcoin wallet
- What is a public / private key pair related to wallets?
- Types of wallet applications for each operating system
- What is a hot/cold storage?
- Paper wallets & BIP38 Encryption (Everyone will receive a paper wallet.)
- Threats to Wallets Security (Double Spend / Trojans / Ransomware / Worms )
This class is for anyone that is relatively new to the Bitcoin scene OR feel uncomfortable moving their coins around from one wallet to another. This is also good for new users that wish to learn about Bitcoin paper wallets or cold storage options in a hands on environment.
Pat Che is the co-Founder of xCubicle and a web / blockchain developer. He helped incubate the Bitcoin NYC community in early 2012 and spearheaded the Bitcoin NYC Fair back in 2013. Pat and his company has been featured in:
- CNN - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcmuHr3K66g
- WSJ - https://goo.gl/snhpvk
- Reuters - http://goo.gl/GbRbVv