An Introduction to Somatics for Bellydance is a two-hour workshop that explores the movement experience as it unfolds, from the inside-out. Soma means 'the living body', and this practice is about the process of sensing, feeling and action. It benefits dancers at any level, as it makes dancing easier, more present, grounded, fluid and felt.
Keti Sharif has returned from studying at UNCG in the USA with world renowned Somatic researchers, and will share the key elements of this powerful field.
Some benefits of doing a short daily somatic movement practice:
1. It’s gentle and easy, anyone can do it to feel more grounded, relaxed and present within minutes.
2. Settles overwhelming feelings that come up, helps you think more clearly and calmly.
3. Boosts lymphatic flow, supports immunity.
4. Better, deeper sleep (many participants have reported this!).
5. Gets you more in tune with your internal body sensations and subtle 'knowing' within the body's systems (hormones, organs, muscles, circulation, etc).
6. Supports post-recovery after bouts of ill-health or physical/mental depletion.
7. For dancers/movers, reminds your body of fundamental movement pathways to make learning easier.
The aim is comfort and ease, through gravity and breath.
If anyone is interested in a generic somatic session (suitable for dancers/non-dancers).
Cost: $57 if pre-booked and paid by 27th April.
$77 if paid on the day, 28th April.
Direct Debit payment to:
Name: Pulse Music World Pty Ltd
BSB: 036 059
Account: 376 736
Please include Name & GC Workshop
Please confirm your booking with Shira:
Mobile: 0400 881 815