There are 3 ways to participate
Oral Presentation: Share your knowledge by giving a presentation at the symposium. Register below. There will be space for a title and abstract
Poster Session: Share your knowledge by bringing a poster to the symposium (or a few!). Register below. There will be space for a title and abstract
General Attendee Share your knowledge by participating in the symposium and being heard. There will be a sharing circle and many spaces to network Register below.
- Current threats – What species are in the NWT and what is coming up?
- Policy and legislation – What rules do we need? What definitions would work?
- Governance – What kind of council, or committee does the NWT need?
- Actions – What actions would work in the North to prevent, detect, control and eliminate unwanted pests, pathogens and invasives?
- Education – What works? What tools are out there?
- Other ideas!?
For more information: NWTbugs@gov.nt.ca
MAKE SURE to Register https://nwtppisc.wixsite.com/nwtppisc
The Proposed Schedule is found here https://nwtppisc.wixsite.com/nwtppisc/schedule
The agenda will be built based on your wonderful Abstracts.
Registration Deadline: 9 April 2018 online or onsite
The symposium will be at EXPLORER Hotel
For your convenience a block of 30 rooms at the Explorer Hotel has been reserved for the symposium: booking code PPIS18. The cost per night is $185. You are also welcome to book in a different hotel. You need to secure a room by phone as the code does not work on the website booking system. Bookings within the block must be made before 7 March 2018.
Booking Toll Free: 1-800-661-0892
There will be tables for Continuous Show and Tell Sessions
Bring education material, microscope and slides, plants, photos, apps, and stuff
Send ideas to NWTbugs@gov.nt.ca
Travel funds are available (airfare and hotels only)