The Art and Science of Breathing
with Roeshan Shadravan
An exploration of the mechanical and physiological benefits of breathwork on the body, mind and nervous system.
You will be guided through an experience to enliven your own healing and human potential via the breath - your life force. The breath is intelligent and has a direct impact on your stress levels, creativity, and decision making. Often times it is leading the way below our conscious awareness… Reclaim you’re power, the power of your breath!
Breathwork is one of the best ways to release the mother lode of toxins from your system and is the key component to waking up your body’s innate healing and creative power.
What your breath can do for you?
• Increase your lung capacity
• Tap into your autonomic nervous system (ANS)
• Kick on the body’s innate healing mechanisms
• Calm/Energize the nervous system
• Clear the mind and detox the body
• Enhance performance, MELT, yoga
• Decrease inflammation and toxicity
• Address chronic pain, anxiety, insomnia
• Improve your recover time and resiliency
• Relief physical, emotions, and mental stress
Together we will deepen the mind-body connection and optimize (both parasympathetic and sympathetic) ANS signaling to effortlessly invigorate or induce a state of calmness.
You will gain simple yet effective tools to add into your self-care arsenal to improve productivity, creativity and mindfulness, as well as tools to manage pain, stressful situations, trauma, attention deficit, depression and more.
We will cover:
• The theory and practice of breathwork
• The five principles of breath therapy
• Basic breathing mechanics, anatomy and physiology
• How to access a true 3 dimensional breath
• The two basic aspects of breathwork
• The two core techniques in breathwork
• How to reboot and calm the nervous system
• Tangible tools to unleash your human potential
Why is Lung Capacity Important? Lung capacity predicts health and longevity. ... This means that the older you get, the harder it is for your lungs to breathe in and hold air. When we breathe in less oxygen, our body and cells also receive less oxygen, forcing our heart to work harder to pump oxygen throughout the body.
Sunday, April 29, 2018
1:00 - 4:00 PM
$99 advance ($119 on the day)
All are welcome - no prior breathwork, yoga or movement experience needed.
Roeshan Shadravan, Holistic Practitioner, is an Advanced MELT Teacher and founder of San Diego Pain and Performance in North County San Diego. She is a performance, movement, and manual sports medicine therapist with a focus on pain management, nutrition, biomechanics, fascia and joint health.