A guided meditation that is deep and transformative, where you will be relaxed and floating in an aerial hammock. Expand your mind and tune in to the whispers of your heart to discover your truest intentions.
Often referred to as ‘yogic sleep’, Yoga Nidra is a deep guided meditation that is practiced in Savasana, which uses active relaxation to bring your mind to a state lingering between the interval of being awake and asleep. It is in this state of expanded self-awareness, what we call ‘conscious deep sleep’, that we can start to tune in to the whispers of the heart and discover our true intentions (sankalpa). We can then plant these intentions deep in the body and the mind using this ancient form of meditation.
Instructor: Melanie Larson
Special Aerial Price: $25 +gst
Benefits of Yoga Nidra:
- relieves stress, in turn decreasing blood pressure and cholesterol
- increases immunity
- conditions the nervous system by activating the relaxation response (parasympathetic nervous system) and deactivating the stress response (sympathetic nervous system)
- decreases pain and can bring healing to the body as the body stays in a prolonged state of relaxation, stoking the parasympathetic nervous system (system responsible for rest, digestion and repair)
- reduces insomnia and improves sleep (one hour of Nidra is equivalent to four hours of restful sleep)
- develops intuition and increases creativity
- enhances your self-awareness and your ability to use other forms of meditation
Claim your space here: https://app.schedulehouse.com/SH/Client/003001#workshops
We highly recommend signing up 7 days prior to class commencement to ensure you get a space as many of our classes sell out.