Honouring Your Cycle: a workshop on menstruation and how to adjust your practice accordingly with Lila Whiting
Sat, 25 Nov 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This workshop will reconnect women to their natural cycle and encourage us to honour the profound changes occurring both physiologically and psychologically over the course of each month.
We will practice yoga asana (postures) that strengthen the pelvic muscles, improve blood circulation in the pelvic region, help the reproductive system, exercise the spine and make menstruation, pregnancy and menopause more bearable.
We will also cover hints and suggestions for the practice of asanas during different stages of the female cycle. Namely:
• What to practice when suffering from cramps, aches and heaviness
• Which asanas are beneficial to alleviate pre-menstrual tension
• What to avoid during the blood flow and alternative options when practicing in an open class
• How to pick up your practice after the menstruation period
• How to utilise props to lessen the intensity of asana when energy is low
• How pranayama (breath techniques) can aid relief for different menstrual disorders
Our practice will celebrate the female energy and the important milestones in a women’s life, from puberty to menopause!
The workshop is open to women and men alike, anyone wanting to deepen their knowledge of the potency of yoga asana for females at any stage of life. It will also be beneficial for yoga teachers who want an insight in to how to offer variations and advice.