Our intensive 4 day training course equips participants to deliver relationships and sex education to young people. After training, participants become members of the Esteem network. The course will equip participants to:
- Develop confidence in talking to young people openly and sensitively about sexual health issues
- Communicate to young people the importance of making healthy life choices about sex
- Support young people in developing healthy relationships
- Support young people in building self-esteem
- Support young people to develop skills and resilience to deal with the influence and impact of modern technology on relationships and sex (including porn)
- Plan and deliver effective, fun and interactive sessions with young people
- Apply best practice and recommended government policy guidelines
After completing the Esteem training, you and your organisation will be members of the Esteem network. Members of the Esteem network gain a licence to use Esteem materials and to access the members section of the acet UK website.
The training days will be held on the following dates:
Tuesday 6th March 2018 (9.30am - 5.00pm)
Wednesday 7th March 2018 (9.30am - 5.00pm)
Tuesday 20th March 2018 (9.30am - 5.00pm)
Wednesday 21st March 2018 (9.30am - 5.00pm)
The training fee per person of £250 includes your first year's membership of the Esteem network and a copy of #IsItOK? - a resource to help you talk to young people about sexting (sending nudes), social media and staying safe online.