The The Bozeman Poetry Collective is putting on a slam poetry event at Zocalo Coffee House on April, 14th, 2018. Winner will receive a cash prize.
1) Come prepared to perform up to 3 poems. There will be 3 elimination rounds. Round 1 will be all participants; round 2 will be the top half from round 1; and round 3 will be the top two left standing.
2) All poems must be original pieces.
3) Judges will be selected/volunteered/peer-pressured from the audience.
4) Each poet will have (up to) three minutes per round to perform their piece, with a ten second grace period. After the grace period, one point will be deducted for every ten seconds over. No points deducted for poems that last less than ten seconds.
5) Costumes, instruments (other than your body) and props are not allowed. Let the poem/performance stand on it's own.
(NOTE: If you would like to participate, please let us know by commenting, messaging or contacting directly any of the BPC admins.)