This two-day modelling chocolate course will focus around making a realistic female adult face with a total height of approx. 35cm.
Carla will cover;
• The theory of facial analysis
• The materials used to make the solid internal structure, explain how to handle it so that it can safely be in contact with food.
• A practical sculpting demonstration, whilst helping you make their own.
• You will learn how to work with modelling chocolate; how to paste and smooth it out to obtain the best result when making fine realistic facial traits.
• Adding the paint and make up to the face, using brushes and food colouring.
• The final touches of the piece will be made using fondant. This step will allow students to learn the various techniques to obtain specific textures and hand painting.
This modelling doesn’t include carved cake, the interior of the piece will be made with a dummy and Rice Crispy Treats. Carla will explain how it would be done in the case of cake.
This piece involves the use lots of techniques, techniques which you will be able to apply and reuse in their own futures creations, thereby opening up a range of future cake possibilities.
This Masterclass will run across two days these being Monday 19th March and Tuesday 20th March 2018.
The class is scheduled to run 9.00am till approx. 6pm on each day and will be run from our new shop at 119 Town Street, Horsforth, Leeds, LS18 5BL.
The two day class is priced at £450.00
To confirm a booking we require a non refundable £100.00 deposit, the remaining balance is then due 4 weeks before the class (payment plans can be made). Please ensure you can do the date before committing as the deposits are non-refundable.
Please be aware that it is possible that the class may run over the expected finish time.
To book please private message me or email me on Zoe@zoesfancycakes.co.uk for further details.
More of our Leeds based classes can be found on our website at http://zoesfancycakes.co.uk/classes
Please be aware that once the final balance has been paid, we are unable to refund so please double check travel arrangements before committing to a class.