The Ealing Half Marathon will take place on Sunday 24th September 2017 in Ealing, West London.
As an official not-for-profit Community Interest Company, our aim is simple.
To organise and manage a fully road closed mass participation race to raise a surplus which is ploughed back into community projects.
West London's only fully road closed half marathon and voted the UK's No1 half marathon three years in a row by runners.
The race starts and finishes in Lammas Park, one of West London's most picturesque parks and take in parts of Central Ealing, Montpelier, Pitshanger, West Ealing, Hanwell and St Stephen's before returning to Lammas Park.
As an official not-for-profit Community Interest Company, our aim is simple - to organise and manage a fully road closed mass participation race to raise a surplus which is ploughed back into community projects.
Most races of our size are run by large commercial organisations that appear just once a year. We are a real community race with the professional touch.
In our commitment to providing sport and fitness for all, we engage in year round community activities such as:
- Ealing Half Marathon, Osterley Park 10k series, The Mile Series, Beginner Groups,
- Health Walks, Children’s clubs & coaching
- Presenting to 3,500 children in primary schools to promote physical activity such as Junior parkrun and the Ealing Mini Mile in 2015
- Running clubs at schools – Helped set up and coached Montpelier Primary School in Ealing
- Training ESOL (English for speakers of other languages) to improve activity at Acton College
- Setup local running groups & train leaders, Southall Running and Fitness established in 2014. Leaders created from participants and trained as Leaders in Running Fitness
- Setup health walks at Osterley Park in West London and coach children at Queens Park Harriers
- Event Direct at junior parkrun & volunteer at parkrun
We create running and fitness groups for all abilities. We visit schools to help tackle childhood obesity. We proactively encourage everyone to visit their free local parkrun or junior parkrun.
We want to share our love of running and fitness with children and adults and make fitness available to all. We want to continue to develop sport in London and spread the #EalingFeeling.
The 2017 race will
Number One Half Marathon in the UK - The Running Awards 2015
Number One Half Marathon in the UK - The Running Awards 2014
Number One for Atmosphere 2013 - Runner's World
In the top 10 Half Marathon's 2012 - Runner's World