|About||East Asia School of Theology is a theological seminary committed to develop biblically grounded leaders of spiritual movements for the global harvest.|
|Mission||EAST's mission is to develop and equip Christian leaders for the fulfillment of the Great Commission in East Asia and around the world.|
East Asia School of Theology (EAST) is an inter-denominational theological school committed to develop biblically grounded leaders of spiritual movements for the global harvest.
Her mission is to "develop and equip Christian leaders for the fulfilment of the Great Commission in East Asia and around the world." EAST seeks to develop spiritual leaders who are:
• Committed to growing in Christ-likeness,
• Passionate spiritual multipliers,
• Learning and living out God’s Word, and
• Communicating God’s truth effectively.
The school seeks to accomplish this mission through holistic learning, that is students not only learn intellectually (‘know”), their attitudes and character are also shaped (“be”) and this leads to actions (“do”). Each of the three dimensions is emphasized in the classroom and assignments as well as field ministry and internships, school retreat, ministry weekend, community life, and Mentoring Groups.
More than 2,000 have attended our courses and some 400 program graduates are serving in over 25 countries in Asia and around the world.
The school offers over a dozen academic programs at Certificate, Bachelor's and Master's levels. For more information, please visit: www.east.edu.sg/academicprograms
EAST is a member of the International Leadership Consortium and accredited by Asia Theological Association (ATA) and Association for Theological Education in South East Asia (ATESEA) to offer Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degrees.
Connect with us online:
EAST offers an integrated curriculum for all degree programs in keeping with its purpose and mission to develop and equip Christian leaders for the fulfilment of the Great Commission in East Asia and around the world.
The following are programs of study currently offered by EAST (as of 2016/17):
• English for Seminarians (EFS)
• Partners in Ministry Certificate Program (PIM)
• Bachelor of Arts in Christian Ministry (BACM)
• Graduate Diploma (Grad Dip)
• MA in Biblical Studies (MABS)
• MA in Christian Ministry (MACM)
• MA in Intercultural Studies (MAICS)
• MA in Leadership (MALD)
• MA in Theological Studies (MATS)
• MDiv in Christian Ministry (MDivCM)
• MDiv in Intercultural Studies (MDivICS)
• MDiv in Teaching and Exposition (MDivTE)
• MDiv in Theological Studies (MDivTS)
EAST recognizes that students enter at different places in their spiritual growth, biblical and theological knowledge, and development of ministry skills. The entire EAST experience (classes and assignments, Mentoring Groups, Chapel, Prayer, Ministry Weekend, Practicums and Internships, as well as an annual retreat and community life) are all part of the learning environment designed to encourage growth in five broad areas:
• Growth in Christ-likeness
• Learning & Living God’s Word
• Communicating God’s Word Effectively
• Passionate Spiritual Multipliers
Yearly assessments are designed to help the student, the student’s mentor and EAST leadership determine formation in each of the five areas and identify dimensions that may need focused attention.
For more info: www.east.edu.sg/academicprograms/