|About||East Lincoln High School will ensure that each student will graduate with 21st Century skills and the capacity for lifelong learning.|
|Mission||The mission of East Lincoln High School is to prepare all students to compete successfully in a globally diverse society by fostering an academically challenging and safe environment through a partnership involving school, home and community.|
• All students should have the right and the opportunity to grow mentally, physically, morally, emotionally, and socially to the full extent of their capabilities. All efforts will be made for all students to meet or exceed the state’s competencies.
• Teachers should recognize their roles not only as instructors, but also as guides, catalysts, resource persons, and role models. The entire staff should exemplify a high standard of professional conduct and engage in activities directed toward professional growth.
• Students should be free to think independently, to inquire freely, and to accept responsibility as active participants in the educational process.
• Democracy is best taught by example. Therefore, democratic processes are incorporated into all areas of the school’s program in order to develop in students a positive self-concept and a respect for others.
• The school, home, and community should share the responsibility of guiding and encouraging students to seek desirable goals in life. Constant changes in society and in the community demand flexibility in every aspect of school life.
• All students will be empowered to learn, achieve, and succeed.
• All students can and will learn, and that they should be taught in the most effective way to ensure success.
• Education is a shared responsibility between students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
• A highly qualified staff should motivate, engage, and empower students to reach their maximum potential.
• Strong, effective communication between home and school is essential for students and teachers to be successful.
• A collaborative work environment is the best means to reach schools goals and encourage success.
• Success should be celebrated.
• A commitment to continuous improvement in all aspects of school is essential in order to achieve the mission statement of East Lincoln High School.
• A strong, positive culture impacts all aspects of school.
• The actions of the faculty
The East Lincoln High School Mustang Band, the "Showband of the Carolinas" is the largest student organization at East Lincoln High School. As one of the most successful organizations at ELHS, the Mustang Band has enjoyed over 25 years of award-winning success locally, regionally and nationally. It has appeared in multiple Bands of America Regionals and has appeared at the BOA Grand Nationals event. The band is under the current Direction of Mr. Dustin B. Stamey. Past directors include Mr. Neil S. Underwood (1983 - 2003) and Mr. Steve Scruggs (? - 1983).