|Work hours||Add information|
|About||The EMA Fund helps people who live in, or are having abortions in, Eastern Massachusetts and are unable to pay for their abortions. Hotline: 617-354-3839|
|Mission||The Eastern Massachusetts Abortion Fund provides funding, financial strategizing, and logistical support to people who live in, or are having abortions in, Eastern Massachusetts and are unable to pay for their abortions. Additionally, the EMA Fund reduces social and economic barriers to abortion services through movement building, advocacy, and education.|
1. We believe abortion should be available to all people, for any reason.
2. We work to build a world where the EMA Fund will no longer be needed to ensure access to abortions.
3. We are working to help build a movement. We do this through staying connected to the National Network of Abortion Funds, sister funds within our state and region, and community organizations. We organize educational events for ourselves and others to raise awareness of abortion access and systems of oppression.
4. We recognize that systems of oppression, such as racism, misogyny, classism, and ableism, cause a system of unequal access to resources, including healthcare and abortion services. As an organization, we work to support the reproductive justice movement: as SisterSong Women of Color Reproductive Health Collective says, the ability to have children, not have children, and parent the children one has with dignity.
5. We support people who are living in or having abortions within Eastern Massachusetts. We allocate grants, not loans. We do not expect our grants to be repaid.
6. We believe that the callers to the EMA Fund are the experts on their own lives. We believe that they know what they can handle, they best understand their circumstances, and that they make decisions based on this expertise. We accept and support the decisions made in these contexts, including those decisions which may challenge our own personal values. EMA Fund services are directed by each individual caller.
7. We believe that people should be able to live the lives that they want to. We realize that callers have complex lives that extend beyond accessing their abortions. Our services are set up to help callers not have to jeopardize other parts of their lives in their attempts to access an abortion. We provide money and practical support to callers for their abortions, and further work to connect them to other resources that may support their lives beyond the day of their abor
|Products||Grants and financial counseling for those unable to pay for abortion services in Eastern Massachusetts|