|About||The champion for local labour force development in the counties of Prescott, Russell, Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry.|
The Eastern Ontario Training Board will continue to be the champion for local labour force development in the counties of Prescott, Russell, Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry and Akwesasne, by identifying needs and facilitating solutions. This will be accomplished by cooperatively:
- Engaging communities in a locally- driven process to identify and respond to the key trends and issues that prevail in their labour markets;
- Facilitating a local "action planning" process where community organizations and institutions agree to initiate and/or implement joint actions to address local labour market issues of common interest;
- Creating opportunities for partnerships that respond to local labour market challenges;
- Organizing events and undertaking activities that promote the importance of education, training and skills upgrade to youth, parents, employers, employed and unemployed workers, and the general public;
- Promoting life-long learning
The Eastern Ontario Training Board has been helping the people of Cornwall, SDGPR and Akwesasne augment their employment skills for nearly 20 years. Hundreds of individuals looking to enter the workforce, return to work or improve upon the skills and assets they possess have tuned to the EOTB to make a splash in the local labour market.
The mandate of the EOTB has remained consistent since the agency was incorporate in 1998 - to ensure access to quality local labour market information; engage employers to help identify skill gaps; employment opportunities and training needs; support stronger linkages among employment services, including the Akwesasne Area Management Board, and to help workers find jobs and careers. The agency has branched out to address the needs of newcomers to our community, including individuals who have moved to the Cornwall area from other communities and countries.