|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Music Therapy Services in the Lee's Summit area for all ages.|
Laura Wilson MT-BC founded ECHO Music Therapy Services, LLC in September 2017 in her home town Lee's Summit, MO. When Laura began pursuing a Music Therapy degree at the University of Kansas, she envisioned using music to help kids and adults more deeply connect and communicate with people around them.
ECHO Music Therapy as an evidence based practice uses music to achieve functional goals in many ways:
* Music engages many parts of the brain, establishing and improving neurological connections
* Music promotes active participation in group settings through singing, writing songs and playing instruments
* Listening to live music decreases anxiety and regulates emotions
* When applied in a school setting, music helps students more clearly grasp concepts, increasing their grade level
* Playing an instrument maintains and increases motor skils
* Writing songs or analyzing lyrics enhances both verbal and non-verbal communication
Music Therapy is effective in both individual or group settings across all age groups.
If interested in learning more about Music Therapy, or learning more about the services ECHO MT can provide, Please contact Laura.