We grow great food, farms and farmers at our urban farm in Prince George's County, Md., just one mile east of Washington, DC.
ECO City Farms is an educational, not-for-profit enterprise located inside the Capital Beltway in Prince George’s County, MD designed to serve as a prototype for sustainable local farming.We grow great food, farms and farmers. We envision a just, vigorous and sustainable food system in the Chesapeake foodshed with ample fertile soil, quality environments, sustainable incomes for farmers, and access to nutritious high quality food for all.
ECO City Farms is an educational, not-for-profit enterprise located inside the Capital Beltway in Prince George’s County, MD that serves as a prototype for sustainable local farming. We grow great food, farms and farmers. We work to change the existing food system that makes healthy fresh food a luxury available only to affluent communities. We teach vulnerable populations—children, youth, single heads of households, new immigrants and seniors—how to take charge of their consumption, habits and health to better secure their futures—through eating healthy, developing skills and pursuing career opportunities in the emerging healthy food system.
We are a not-for-profit organization that educates, creates prototypes and incubates viable food-related income-producing enterprises through replication methods that:
• Farm and grow healthy food;
• Produce healthy soil;
• Create diverse collaborations among new and seasoned, urban and rural farmers;
• Offer experiential training, community-based education and workforce development;
• Aggregate, market, process, and distribute local produce;
• Reshape land-use policy and regulations to encourage local agriculture;
• Promote environmental protection, renewable energy and materials reuse;
• Share financial strategies and resources;
• Engage and empower youth and families;
• Rekindle people’s relationships to food as a source of enjoyment, nourishment and self-sufficiency.
ECO City Farms is featured on the ECOCIV website as an Ecological Laboratory for the new Ecological Civilization we are collectively building.
Check it out at: http://ecociv.org/what-we-do/ecolabs/eco-city-farms/
Nutrient rich soil and all kinds of greens and vegetables including Basil, Arugula, Spinach, Turnips, Collards, Kale, Pea Shoots as well as Eggs, Honey, Mushroomsand sooo much more!