|About||This Official Facebook Page is managed by DENR-ERDB | ERDB Bldg., Forestry Campus, College, Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines 4031 | Tel. No. (+63-49) 536-2269 or 536-2229.|
Relevant research, development and extension towards a healthy environment and sustainable natural resources for an improved quality of life.
To provide appropriate technology and information through research, development and extension towards the enhanced productivity and sustainability of natural resources and protection of the environment for the improvement of quality of life of the Filipinos.
The Ecosystems Research and Development Bureau (ERDB), or Kawanihan sa Pananaliksik at Pagpapaunlad ng Ekosistem, is the principal research and development (R&D) unit of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR). Its R&D and extension activities are focused on the five major ecosystems of the Philippines which include forests, upland farms, grassland and degraded areas, coastal zone and freshwater, and urban areas.
ERDB was created and established in June 1987 under Executive Order (EO) 192 that merged the functions of former Forest Research Institute (FORI) and National Mangrove Committee. Its headquarters is located at the University of the Philippines Los Baños, College of Forestry and Natural Resources (UPLB-CFNR) campus in the municipality of Los Baños, province of Laguna, Philippines about 65 kms south of Manila.
ERDB Main Office Functions
• formulates, implements,coordinates and evaluated integrated research, development and extension agenda/programs on environment and natural resources (ENR) and other related cross-cutting concerns to address the needs of the various sectors in support of the thrusts and programs of the Department;
• conduct basic researches and develop standards, protocol and science-based technologies to address the needs o the different DENR Bureaus, end-users and stakeholders;
• provide technical assistance by developing and maintaining networks and linkages with DENR bureaus and offices, local and international institutions, other stakeholders and civil society; and
• perform other functions that may be assigned by higher authorities.
ERDB Research Centers
• Watershed and Water Resources Research Center (WWRRC)
• Land Management, Agroforestry and Upland Farming Technology Research Center (LAUFTeRC)
• Biodiversity, Coastal, Wetlands, and Ecotourism Research Center (BCWERC)
• Forest and Timber Resources Research Center (FTRRC)
• Mining and Degraded Areas Rehabilitation Research Center (MDARRC)
• Urban, Toxic Substan