|Work hours||Add information|
Join us as we embark upon the leg of our journey "EPW Serves"
"Building a Bridge to a Stronger Tomorrow"
SERVE. EDUCATE. CELEBRATE.
|Mission||"Providing support services to families facing breast cancer"|
*About Edith Purter Wright*
• Mrs. Edith Purter Wright, loving and nurturing wife and mother of four beautiful children, lost her battle with breast cancer at the young age of 39.
• "Eydie," as she was affectionately known, was full of life, compassionate, artistic, and had an angelic voice.
• The foundation's programs and activities have been shaped to reflect the essence of Eydie's spirit, style and substance.
*About Our Founder - Miriamm Ebony Wright *
• At an early age, professional vocalist, Miriamm, lost her mother, Edith P. Wright, to breast cancer.
• Driven by a desire to carry on her mother's legacy, Miriamm founded the Edith P. Wright Breast Cancer Foundation.
• With Eydie's spirit propelling her, Miriamm and a group of committed volunteers launched the foundation with a concert at TC Williams HS in 1998.
• The foundation followed the launch by producing the play "Sounding the Alarm," in 2000.
• In 2004, Miriamm recorded her first CD entitled, "Miriamm…Live! at Blues Alley" at the famous, Blues Alley Supper Club in Washington, DC.
• She donated a portion of the proceeds she earned from the CD, which was a tribute to the late Minnie Riperton who also lost her battle with breast cancer, to local breast cancer centers.
• The foundation celebrated a major milestone in May 2007, when it received official 501(c)(3) nonprofit status.
• In October 2007, Miriamm headlined "A Concert of Love: Honoring Breast Cancer Survivors," at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
- Financial Management
- House Cleaning
- Groceries Service
- Wig/Cosmetology Service
- Oncology massages