HOLY CROSS CEMETERY AND MAUSOLEUM
14611 Mark Messier Trail NW (formerly St. Albert Trail) Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Established in 1954 by Archbishop John Hugh MacDonald, this forty-five acre property serves the population throughout the greater Edmonton area. In 1990, an 1100 space Chapel Mausoleum, the first in the Archdiocesan cemetery system, was built at Holy Cross. This Mausoleum has been expanded now 2 times and is on its third expansion.
OUR LADY OF PEACE CEMETERY AND COLUMBARIUM
4814 Meridian Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
This most recent addition to the Edmonton Catholic Cemeteries was established in 1992 by Archbishop Joseph MacNeil. Located in Edmonton's south-eastern corner, at Highway 14 and Whitemud Freeway, this cemetery will, in time, become the largest of the diocesan properties. At present, 18 of a total of 60 acres have been developed.
ST. ALBERT CEMETERY
7 St. Vital Avenue, St. Albert, Alberta, Canada
Established in 1860 by Bishop Vital Grandin, the Oblate Fathers supervised the operation of this cemetery until 1975, when it was handed over to the Archdiocese of Edmonton. The first recorded burial in the cemetery was 10 year old Marguerite, daughter of Raminakus, on June 1, 1861, presided over by Father Albert Lacombe. Although many were interred in the cemetery during its first thirty years, including over three hundred victims of the 1870-71 smallpox epidemic, there are few memorials which predate 1890. The oldest sections of St. Albert Cemetery have long been sold and hundreds of burials have been made in this four acre facility. Additional space was acquired in 1987 and approximately three hundred additional burial spaces provide both flush memorial and upright monument opportunities.
ST. ANTHONY CEMETERY
106 Street and 53 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Established in 1902 as a parish cemetery to serve the community of Southside Edmonton. The Duggan family, well-known in Edmonton and prominent in the history of