Elie Golf Club, also known as Earlsferry Links Golf Course, is a coastal links golf club in Elie and Earlsferry, Fife, Scotland. Only about ten miles from the "spiritual home of golf" at The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews, golf has been played here since at least 1589, when a royal charter was passed granting villagers permission to use the links. The formal club, the Elie and Earlsferry Golf Club, dates to 1832 and is one of the oldest golf clubs in the United Kingdom.The website top100golfcourses.co.uk ranks it as the 11th best course in Fife and the 55th best course in Scotland. The current course, a par 70 6251-yard course, was largely designed by Old Tom Morris and James Braid in 1895.The current club, the Golf House Club, was founded in 1875 with the building of the clubhouse. An unusual feature is the periscope from the Royal Navy submarine HMS Excalibur, that was launched in 1955 and scrapped in 1968. The periscope is installed in the starter's hut; players and visitors may use it to view the golf course.