The non-profit Elizabethtown Community Nursery School has resided at the Elizabethtown Church of the Brethren for nearly 50 years. The school is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and is licensed by the State Board of Private Academic Schools. All of our teachers are State Certified.
The purposes for which we exist are:
• To create a climate of love and understanding and a rich variety of curricular experiences in a physical and social environment favorable to the development of children,
• To help children grow physically, emotionally, socially, intellectually and spiritually,
• To provide between adults and children a person-to-person relationship in which each will come to recognize the other as a person of worth with unique capabilities,
• To support parents in the nurturing of their children and work with parents to further each child's positive growth and development.
Parents are an integral part of a child's education. They are always welcome in our school and are free to discuss any questions or concerns with the staff. The parent-teacher-child relationship will begin with a home visit by the teachers before school begins. Parent-teacher conferences are scheduled in early spring.
Classes run for thirty weeks beginning mid-September and ending in May. All children need to be three, four or five years old on or before September 1st.
Our days include:
• Activities to further verbal communication and listening skills
• Early literacy skills
• Math readiness skills
• Understanding of self, others, and our culture
• Gross and fine motor skills development
• Creative expression through art, music, language arts and drama
• Social and emotional development
Licensed by State Board of Private Academic Schools
All teachers are State Certified