|Work hours||Add information|
|About||The Elk Rapids Police Department is located at 321 Bridge Street in Elk Rapids Michigan.|
This is the official Facebook page for the Elk Rapids Police Department.
This page is NOT intended to report emergencies or police issues requiring response.
If you have a police, fire or EMS emergency please call 9-1-1.
If you have a non-emergency complaint to file that occurred in the Village of Elk Rapids or Antrim County please call (231) 533-8627. This page is intended to serve as a social media outlet for Elk Rapids public safety issues. Information on road closings, health hazards, large emergencies and other similar incidents will be posted along with updates as time allows.
User Conduct Policy:
1. This code of conduct shall apply to all users of the Department’s Facebook page.
2. Comments are the opinion of the poster only, and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement or agreement by the Elk Rapids Police Department.
3. Comments shall relate to the topic being discussed in the original post, and should be intended to further a civil discussion.
4. Comments shall not contain profanity, racial slurs, or other derogatory terms.
5. Comments shall not encourage illegal activity.
6. Comments shall not violate a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright or trademark.
7. Comments shall not contain personal or defamatory attacks.
8. Comments shall not contain random or unintelligible text.
9. Comments shall not endorse candidates seeking office, or advocate a stance regarding a ballot proposal.
10. Comments shall not advertise commercial products or services
11. Comments shall not direct users to other websites or Facebook pages.
12. There is no right to privacy on the Department’s Facebook page as the page is a public forum.
13. The Department reserves the right to block or remove any comments that violate this policy, or are illegal, threatening, or contain defamatory comments.
14. Comments may be retained by the Elk Rapids Police Department, and may be subject to requests under the Freedom of Information Act.