|Work hours||Add information|
|About||We are the Grimsby coffee and chat Group of Epilepsy Action and act as a support to people with epilepsy, their families and friends|
- To live in a society where everyone understands epilepsy and where attitudes towards the condition are based on fact not fiction.
- To take action to meet the identified needs and aspirations of all people with epilepsy and those with an interest in the condition
- Raise and maintain awareness about epilepsy and about Epilepsy Action’s work.
- Educate people about the facts about epilepsy and improve their understanding of the condition.
- Bring about permanent change for the social and medical benefit of people with epilepsy.
- Provide advice and information about epilepsy that is relevant to peoples’ needs and that is accessible in terms of location, availability and cost.
- Promote all types of research into epilepsy and undertake non-laboratory social and medical research into epilepsy.
- Maximise Epilepsy Action’s resources by developing its fundraising activities and income consistent with its immediate and long term financial needs and using its resources effectively and efficiently.
- Engage with the Education, Healthcare and Social Care sectors to ensure that epilepsy is fully understood and the needs of people with epilepsy are supported.
Our Values and Beliefs:
- Epilepsy Action will be representative and inclusive of and accessible to all people with an interest in epilepsy.
- Epilepsy Action will encourage and enable the active involvement of its members and other stakeholders.
- Epilepsy Action believes that people with epilepsy must have equality of opportunity in their lives to allow them to achieve their full potential.
In the Grimsby area, we act as a support group to people with epilepsy, their families and friends, as well as leading in informing and educating the public about the condition.
We meet the first Friday of every month at Foresight, 60 Newmarket street, grimsby so why not come along for a chat, we'd love to see you there.