|Work hours||Add information|
|About||This is a local Epilepsy Action page - raising awareness, and supporting those affected by epilepsy in the South and West Yorkshire area. We currently have monthly meetings in #Leeds, #Skipton, #Sheffield, #Huddersfield and #Halifax -see 'events' section|
- To live in a society where everyone understands epilepsy and where attitudes towards the condition are based on fact not fiction.
- To take action to meet the identified needs and aspirations of all people with epilepsy and those with an interest in the condition
- Raise and maintain awareness about epilepsy and about Epilepsy Action’s work.
- Educate people about the facts about epilepsy and improve their understanding of the condition.
- Bring about permanent change for the social and medical benefit of people with epilepsy.
- Provide advice and information about epilepsy that is relevant to peoples’ needs and that is accessible in terms of location, availability and cost.
- Promote all types of research into epilepsy and undertake non-laboratory social and medical research into epilepsy.
- Maximise Epilepsy Action’s resources by developing its fundraising activities and income consistent with its immediate and long term financial needs and using its resources effectively and efficiently.
- Engage with the Education, Healthcare and Social Care sectors to ensure that epilepsy is fully understood and the needs of people with epilepsy are supported.
Our Values and Beliefs:
- Epilepsy Action will be representative and inclusive of and accessible to all people with an interest in epilepsy.
- Epilepsy Action will encourage and enable the active involvement of its members and other stakeholders.
- Epilepsy Action believes that people with epilepsy must have equality of opportunity in their lives to allow them to achieve their full potential.
|Description||West Yorkshire and Skipton branch of Epilepsy Action, raising awareness, local and national news and support to those affected by epilepsy.|