|About||Essence Of Hope, Inc. comes to the aid of men, women and families whose lives are affected by homelessness and addiction.|
Essence of Hope is an Atlanta Transitional Housing Facility providing a variety of services focused on the support of chronically homeless men and women or those in need of substance abuse addiction recovery. We also have a dedicated veteran housing program.
Our services include:
● Week one emergency housing to assist Consumers to obtain all missing documents, ID, Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, etc for those residents in need.
● Intensive drug and alcohol recovery day management classes three times weekly.
● Comprehensive one week job placement training partnered with Atlanta Center for Self Sufficiency.
● Transportation to and from our recovery day management classes for those residents without Marta.
● A graduating structure designed to promote our residents growth including:
○ First 30 days+ intensive supervised care without cell phones, unsupervised traveling or free access to money. All designed to prevent any type of relapse. Recovery day management class success is a main focus during this time.
○ After graduating, the next 60 days service focuses on job placement and stabilized living where residents can travel alone, have a phone, and have full access to their monies. They still meet each week as a group at our office for ongoing education and monitoring.
○ Supportive Permanent Housing - qualifying residents can advance into our permanent housing and enjoy a more stable long-term environment.
● Regular and random drug testing. Drug and alcohol use is prohibited in our program and leads to dismissal from our program.
● Weekly mandatory one on ones with a designated program manager.
● Promotion of self-care. Drug or alcohol recovery residents are to attend 4 mandatory NA/AA or C/A meetings per week which is monitored by their program manager.
● Community service - Twice monthly residents volunteer to support the Essence of Hope Food Pantry learning to give back as part of their development.
Our living environment includes:
● Safe, cl
|Founded||Essence Of Hope, Inc. was founded by Hilda Johnson in 2007|