|Work hours||Add information|
|About||ECM improves the competitiveness and performance of the leading cities of Europe by providing a platform for convention, leisure and city marketing professionals to exchange knowledge, best practice and widen their network to perform even better.|
|Mission||ECM is a non- profit membership association dedicated to strengthening and improving European City Marketing.|
European Cities Marketing is a non-profit organisation
improving the competitiveness and performance of the leading cities of Europe.
ECM provides a platform for Leisure, Meetings Industry and City Marketing professionals
to exchange knowledge, best practices and widen their network to build new business.
|Awards||ECM Future Leaders Awards in conjunction with MODUL University|
|Founded||from ECT and EFCT in 2007|
- Access to an annual cycle of 2 flagship ECM events hosted in member cities, viz. Spring networking meeting and a Summer congress. Each of these meetings lasts for three days, and their purpose is the exchange of market intelligence and marketing best practice facilitated by a network of knowledge groups (see below), a day-long seminar, and other workshops and presentations.
- Measurement and benchmarking of a city’s performance across business and leisure tourism through the collation and analysis of data supplied by member cities, and as subsequently published in a variety of studies all of which are provided at no cost to members – annual benchmarking and meetings industry report, and a quarterly barometer report
- Involvement in and/or attendance at a network of knowledge groups which meet throughout the year to progress marketing best practice for their respective topics. Currently, there are knowledge groups for conventions, city cards, online sales and mobile communications, research and statistics, and tourist information centres.
- Training and personal development in MICE through attendance at ECM’s unique annual summer school; an intensive 4 day course held each August, providing a platform on which the professional delegates can ‘fast-track’ knowledge and best practice relating to the meetings industry and the management of convention bureaux.
- Generation of conference and leisure tourism sales business at workshops organised by ECM at which ‘buyers’ are brought face to face with city ‘suppliers’, notably the Mercado and Meet Europe workshops dealing with corporate and association markets respectively and City Fair which focuses on leisure tourism markets.