|Work hours||Add information|
ECM improves the competitiveness and performance of the leading cities of Europe by providing a platform for convention, leisure and city marketing professionals to exchange knowledge, best practice and widen their network to perform even better.
ECM is a not for profit membership association dedicated to strengthening and
improving European City Marketing.
It provides value to its CVB’s and CTO and affiliate members by using strategic competitiveness to :
- Focus on new opportunity and work on break-through solutions to obtain growth
- Provide essential research, insight and tools to bench-mark city performance; improve operational efficiency and make better business decisions.
- Provide useful platforms and forums to exchange knowledge and best practice
- Develop a European City brand that enables pan-European city marketing approaches in niche and new growth markets
- Develop people and nurture future leaders for European Cities
- Embrace CSR/Sustainable tourism
The vision of ECM is:
“To be Europe’s leading City Marketing Association by improving members competitiveness and helping to create attractive and world class city destinations.”
ECM is a collaborative mechanism within which destination marketing professionals are able to address specific issues and find solutions to them: a platform on which information and best-practice relating to strategy, operations and market intelligence is exchanged. ECM views cities as the ‘shop windows ‘through which nations and world regions are viewed and purchased, and as such cities are the single most important unit of analysis for economic performance in the 21st century global economy. In a nutshell, individual cities compete for talent, trade and tourism by ‘marketing the difference’, focussing on assets and narratives which form competitive advantage and which serve to distinguish them from other destinations in Europe and from those found in the Americas and the Pacific Rim. ECM enables discussion, debate and development of the concepts and methods appropriate to ‘marketing the difference’.
|Awards||ECM Future Leaders Awards in conjunction with MODUL University|
|Founded||from ECT and EFCT in 2007|
- Access to an annual cycle of 2 flagship ECM events hosted in member cities, viz. Spring networking meeting and a Summer congress. Each of these meetings lasts for three days, and their purpose is the exchange of market intelligence and marketing best practice facilitated by a network of knowledge groups (see below), a day-long seminar, and other workshops and presentations.
- Measurement and benchmarking of a city’s performance across business and leisure tourism through the collation and analysis of data supplied by member cities, and as subsequently published in a variety of studies all of which are provided at no cost to members – annual benchmarking and meetings industry report, and a quarterly barometer report
- Involvement in and/or attendance at a network of knowledge groups which meet throughout the year to progress marketing best practice for their respective topics. Currently, there are knowledge groups for conventions, city cards, online sales and mobile communications, research and statistics, and tourist information centres.
- Training and personal development in MICE through attendance at ECM’s unique annual summer school; an intensive 4 day course held each August, providing a platform on which the professional delegates can ‘fast-track’ knowledge and best practice relating to the meetings industry and the management of convention bureaux.
- Generation of conference and leisure tourism sales business at workshops organised by ECM at which ‘buyers’ are brought face to face with city ‘suppliers’, notably the Mercado and Meet Europe workshops dealing with corporate and association markets respectively and City Fair which focuses on leisure tourism markets.