|Work hours||Add information|
More people cycling more often
The Federation has the following aims and objectives:
• To promote and encourage cycling in the countries of Europe as an economic, efficient, healthy and environmentally friendly means of transport and recreation. The ECF shall act as a federation of member groups throughout Europe.
• To raise the status of cycling and to promote recognition of the benefits of cycling for both individuals and society as a whole.
• To encourage consideration of cyclists' needs in Europe in all aspects of transport planning and management, environment, safety and health, and promote cycle-friendly conditions throughout Europe.
• To support member groups on matters of national and international importance relating to the aims of the ECF.
• To undertake research on matters relating to cycling, transportation, environment and safety.
ECF: the voice of European cyclists for over 25 years. Established in 1983, ECF is today representing 38 countries, with over 500,000 active members, the voice of millions of cyclists. Our mission is to ensure that bicycle use achieves its fullest potential so as to bring about sustainable mobility and public well-being. ECF projects include annual Velo-city® conference, EuroVelo® long-distance cycle routes as well as the Cities for Cyclists network and the Scientists for Cycling network. ECF is a partner in the EU projects LifeCycle and PRESTO.
• Cycling advocacy, promotion and lobbying
• Cycling related event management and conferences
• Urban cycling infrastructure, safety, tourism, planning, consultation and implementation
• Research on all cycling related issues
• Cycling specific Programs