Wellness-focused farmers market located off Bullfrog Valley Rd. Open Thursday afternoons from May 18 through October 26, 2:30-6:30pm, for the 2017 season.
We want to make a significant contribution to the long-term health of the region and model how a farmers’ market can serve community wellness in multi-faceted ways. Specifically, our vision is:
(1) To increase community accessibility to healthy, locally grown foods;
(2) To support local farmers engaged in sustainable practices by creating a sustainable venue for the sale of their goods;
(3) To establish opportunities for community wellness partnerships, such as health screenings, public education about prevention, and study of health interventions;
(4) To build a community space for interaction among employees and students of the Medical Center and College of Medicine as well as people from surrounding neighborhoods and towns; and
(5) To pay homage to the agricultural heritage of the land surrounding the Medical Center and College of Medicine.
We are a wellness-focused farmers market making responsibly grown/harvested/produced goods available to the local market. Located in the research park on the grounds of the Cocoa Beanery, off Bullfrog Valley Rd. Open Thursday afternoons from May 18th through October 26th, 2:30-6:30pm, followed by a Free Concert Series every 3rd Thursday of the month.
Recipient of the "Spirit of Excellence" award from Modern Healthcare magazine for "Food As Medicine" programming (http://sites.psu.edu/foodasmedicine).
Voted as a Top 5 small farmers market in the American Farmland Trust competition.
Winner of the Community Service Award from Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
The Market will offer locally produced fruits and vegetables, dairy products, meats and baked goods, and other specialty items such as herbs and spices, canned/preserved goods, flowers, coffee, cider and honey.
Hours: Our market is open seasonally, from May to October, from 2:30-6:30pm on Thursdays. We have a free concert series for the 2013 season that runs from 6-8pm on the patio next to the market.