First Church in Salem is a Unitarian Universalist church in Salem, Massachusetts that was designed by Solomon Willard and built in 1836. The congregation claims to be "one of the oldest continuing Protestant churches in North America and the first to be governed by congregational polity, a central feature of Unitarian Universalism".Thomas Treadwell Stone became minister of the church on July 12, 1846. In December 1851, the Salem Female Anti-Slavery Society held their annual general meeting at the church. For twelve years, Charles Wentworth Upham was minister of the church. Grace Parker commissioned a stained-glass window for the church in dedication to her late husband, George Swinnerton Parker of Parker Brothers fame, and their two sons.